Weekly Cost: $250/child (includes materials): Campers bring their own snacks/water bottles daily
Camp will be offered the following weeks-Monday-Friday: 6/26, 7/12, 7/26, 8/9
Summer Weekly Themes: (voted on by campers)
1. Amazing Friendships- Children will have an opportunity to think about what a friend is and how friends should treat each other whether they are humans or animals. They will have opportunities to hear stories about real animals and see how they do incredibly brave things for those that they love. Through discussion and activities, they will get to compare the actions of animals to those of their human counterparts.
Virtues: kindness, empathy, responsibility, dependability, compassion, caring, loyalty, determination, love
2. Pets – This is an introduction to pets/animals and the importance of being a responsible pet owner. They will learn how to care for and respect others and their needs. They will have opportunities to hear stories about real animals and how they behave in their family dynamics. Through discussions and activities, they will compare the actions of pets to those of their human counterparts in caring for those that they love.
Virtues: acceptance, caring, compassion, empathy, understanding, kindness, respect, responsibility, tolerance, ethical
3. The Power of Pets/Animals- This is an opportunity for the children to see the impact pets can have on a person’s life and how pets can improve our well-being for many different reasons. They will have opportunities to hear stories about real animals and how they improve the lives of those around them in amazing ways. Discussions and interactive projects will help reinforce the messages in this session.
Virtues: kindness, empathy, responsible, gratitude, dependable, compassion, caring, faithful, loyal, love, helpful, perseverance
4. Working Pets- In this session, children will have an opportunity to learn about different pets that have very important jobs and how they enrich our lives every day. They will have opportunities to hear stories about real animals and how they perform their jobs to protect those they love. Through discussions and interactive projects they will compare their actions to those of their human counterparts and make connections to their own lives.
Virtues: courageous, empathetic, brave, strong, caring, love, compassionate, loyalty, hard-working, dependable, respect, reliability, perseverance, service
5. Super Hero Pets: In this session, children will learn about the virtues it takes to be a hero. They will have opportunities to hear stories about real animals and compare their actions to those of their human counterparts. They will be amazed by the heroic animals and the humans they save.
Virtues: courageous, empathetic brave, strong, caring, love, compassionate, service, loyal
6. Kindness Really Does Count- In this session the children will hear true stories of both animals and humans that do kind things for others to make a difference. We will look at what inspires kind deeds and how they can become a “can do kid” that does kind things for others too.
Virtues: kindness, empathy, responsibility, compassion, caring, determination, tolerance, gratitude, helpful, courageous
9:00-9:30 Arrival; Story time: Tell stories about real animals with props and discuss the virtues represented by the characters from the story and connect to their own lives
9:30-10:00 Craft/activity related to the story. Ex. friendship bracelets, kindness tree, friendship fruit salad, etc.
10:00- 11:00 Animal Time; fun feeding, interacting with and learning about the animals at the Sanctuary
11:00 - 11:30 Wash hands, snack, games for those that finish early
11:30 -12:00 music and movement songs and action rhymes related to the theme
12:00-12:15 Pick-Up Time